Monday, August 24, 2015

rice cake du jour: cream cheese, ham, and egg

Here's another rice cake meal I made--I could really get into this as a habit.  Serious deliciousness!

Thanks to suggestions from a fellow blogger, snoskred, I have new rice cake toppings to try.  This is one of hers and it's so delicious!  Thank you!!

I spread on some neufchatel cheese (low fat version of cream cheese), a little less than an ounce; a slice of ham from the deli, about 3/4 ounce; a sliced hard-boiled egg (I couldn't fit the whole thing so I ate half and put half on the cake); and some salt and ground pepper.

When I first heard this suggestion I'll admit I was skeptical, but it's really delicious.


2 comments:

  1. There is something about this combination which makes it a super winner. :)

    I saw Quark the other day at Aldi which I might give a try as well. I've never had that before. They do have a light cream cheese there which honestly I can't tell it apart from the real thing which I have been using.

    Do not ask me how I came up with this snack because I honestly have no idea. I think I was doing a lot of pickled onion with ham and I ran out of pickled onion and the only other thing I had was egg, but once I tried that combo I was so sold on the egg I didn't do pickled onion for a while.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the ham and the salt and pepper. Whatever it is, it's good!

      Delete